Tuesday, February 9, 2010

andrea thiel

imagebam
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78ELGVBA



=_blank>=_blank>=_blank>imagebam
=_blank>=_blank>=_blank>=_blank>

Andrea Thiel - National Level Champion Bodybuilder

Where and when were you born?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
January 10th, 1972

Favorite color- Pink
Favorite food – Any milk shakes or soft serve frozen yogurt…I love Peanut Butter and Raspberry frozen yogurt mixed together!!!

What is your profession?
My husband and I own a personal training business. In addition to one-on-one personal training, we offer on-line training programs for the more advanced athlete and pre-contest preparation programs for bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors.
I am currently a Certified Personal Trainer by the following organizations: National Exercise Sports Trainers Association (NESTA); National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM); and International Sports Science Association (ISSA). I also have my BA in Management Communications and two minors, one in Police Science and the other in Management Development.

Was it a goal for you to compete in bodybuilding competitions right from the beginning or was it something that grew in your mind as time went on and you saw the progress in your body?
Initially, no, I did not envision myself competing. I just enjoyed working out. It all changed though when I saw a picture of Lenda Murray and I immediately knew that I wanted to look like her and eventually compete!

Can you give me your competition history?
1995 – Lightweight (114 lbs.) NPC Wisconsin State
1996 – Middleweight (132 lbs)=2 0NPC Wisconsin State
1996 - Middleweight (132 lbs) NPC Northern States
1996 - Middleweight (132 lbs) NPC Nationals
2008 – Heavyweight (155 lbs) NPC Badger State
2008 – Heavyweight (156 lbs) NPC Nationals

Please tell me something about your training routine (i.e.: how many days per week / training split /cardio, etc.)
My husband and I do a 5-day a week modified Russian training split. Volume and intensity parameters are cycled week by week. Variations of compound movements are used in accordance with intensity parameters. I don’t do any cardio throughout the off season. During pre-contest I start with 1 hour in the morning and mid-way through the diet I include an hour in the evening as well.

What is your favorite exercise in the gym and which one you don’t like so much?
I love squatting and deadlifting – I hate doing my abs and calves!

Which body part is your best in your opinion?
I don’t really think I have a “best” body part; I think I’m pretty well-balanced. I’m very thankful that I was blessed with small hips and wide clavicles!

If you don’t mind would you give me some stats (best lifts and some body measurements)?
Squat – 455 for 3
Deadlift – 405 for 6
Bench – 265 for 6
Overhead Press: 245 for 3

Measurements:
I’m 5’3
Off – season weight – 185 lbs, but I’m trying to gain weight!
Pre-contest weight – 156 lbs, I would like to compete at my next show around 165 lbs.
Quads – 25
Biceps – 16
Chest – 45
Shoulder girdle - 51

What do you enjoy about training for competition....what do you enjoy about the 'off season'?
I do enjoy getting leaner and all of my clothes not fitting so tight. I don’t have to worry as much about trying clothes on when I’m shopping and accidentally ripping them! I do drive my husband crazy when I’m dieting because I’m constantly asking him “am I getting small?”
As far as the off-season goes, I just love the fact that I don’t have to do any cardio!

Please tell me about what you do when you don’t work out (hobbies, what do you do to relax?, etc.)
My current schedule keeps me pretty busy, but in regards to my free time, I like to spend most of it w/ my husband and animals!

Thank you to (the kind and supportive) Andy from AMG-Lite for this opportunity to share my story and for all that he does to promote female bodybuilding!

Contact e-mail: Andiethiel@gmail.com
Website address: www.Andreathiel.com (my personal website will launch in April.)

No comments:

Post a Comment